Friday, November 12, 2010

One of the Best Weeks

Portions from Bryce's latest email:

"Elder Chung and I were tracting and a little Asian woman opened the door. I talked to her first but then we found that she was from Hong Kong and Elder Chung jumped in with Cantonese! They talked back and forth and laughed....then I laughed because I didnt want to look stupid. Then they both looked at me. Then started talking again. She let us in and we had a really good Cantonenglish lesson. She likes us and wants to be baptized. Problem is her situation is that she is looking for a job here but only on the weekends for now, but we will stay in contact once a week and over the phone. I was texting her today. Haha that's kind of weird. Her name is Dina. That was awesome for Elder Chung! He got to break out and not have to worry about pronunciation. I let him do most of the talking, it was perfect.

We also started talking to a 17 soccer player from Peru named Gerson. He is awesome. His best friend committed suicide a week or so before we knocked into him. We thought we were going to teach the restoration but taught the plan of salvation. He loved it. I said after a while, "well, we don't want to take too much of your time...." and he said "No no, I want you to keep going." So we did. We taught about the Book of Mormon and the gospel of Jesus Christ and baptism. He is going to ask his parents when he can get baptized. I like this guy.

This was one of the best weeks of my mission, and whats funny is that it followed one of the roughest. Also I have been sick all week. Not bad, just nagging stomach, throat and head nonsense. I'm dead tired but I'm happy! And I think Elder Chung is too."

"The first step to the great succeed is the small succeeds" -Elder Chung

No comments:

Post a Comment