Monday, April 23, 2012

Update


"The other night I went on an exchange and we tracted into someone who said she had been praying for direction. Her house was just recently burned down.  She was inside it and barely escaped.  She started crying when we shared Moroni 10 4-5. She kept saying "thank you Jesus." She is in her 50's and black. Yolanda. We invited her to be baptized (after teaching restoration, authority, etc.) She said she would. We invited her to be baptized on April 7th. She said she would. She said she knew we were sent from God and would do whatever we asked her to do. That was a powerful experience. I have never tracted into someone, set them on date, and actually seen them get baptized. This would be a first, but she was sincere so I'm sure it will work out.  Obviously we said a thank you prayer. I love tracting.

Someone asked me the next day what I'm going to miss about my mission.  I just said "when else am I going to get to find someone who has been praying for truth, help them find the path to salvation, then help someone believe in Jesus Christ the next day?" Pretty cool.

We have been going on blitzes with other areas a lot. Its been really fun.  On one Saturday, we found a Ghanaian guy! You don't ever see them down this far south. I love teaching them, because they say things like, "I feel that you are true messengers of God, and I want to listen to what you say." Then after he said.  "I know you are speaking the truth. I will come to your church. If I like it, i will get baptized." Wow.

22 month mark. Weird.
love you!  Elder Church"

No comments:

Post a Comment