Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Transfers

"I was transferred down south to Fredericksburg!! We call it "the burg." The biggest stake geographically in the mission by far.  All the way south! I came from all the way north. The people are so nice! We live right by Mary Washington University.  We are the only companionship in the mission who covers a singles ward without another ward coupled with it. It is the Rappahannock singles branch. We cover the whole stake. This isn’t a typical BYU ward. I’ll ask them here and there, "so, you going to school right now?" "No."  "Oh, so you are just working then?"  "Well.....not really."  "Oh, ok...ya"  Then suddenly I am overcome with thirst and head hastily to the drinking fountain. 

A lot of the branch seems to be stuck here.  I don't blame them though, probably just a victim of circumstance. A lot of them do work and some go to Mary Washington. There are some fun people though! And there have been a bunch of baptisms lately. Half of the ward is converts so it is on fire with missionary work. We have 2 people on date for March. Taylor is 21, half black, my height and a pretty cool guy. He’s on for the 31st; conference Saturday. It's fun teaching people you can relate to.  Testimony meeting yesterday almost every testimony was on missionary work,  just naturally!  A girl who got confirmed yesterday brought her sister and told us she wanted us to teach her.  She told us this.....from the pulpit during her testimony! haha. So we are teaching her Tuesday.  

Yesterday we had break the fast, and we even munched and mingled.  How the heck do I mingle again?!

So it is a lot of fun. FHE tonight then institute Wednesday. It will be a lot less tracting and a lot more hang out and referrals. I can deal with that.

Elder Walker is my new companion. He's chill and we get along really well. It has been great! I live in a stinky missionary apartment again....dang. Everything is dirty down here compared to Ashburn. I guess I've had a pretty pampered mission so far.
love you!

Elder Church"

No comments:

Post a Comment