Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sometimes he makes you crash into curbs...

Funny story for you...totally a "Bryce" thing to do.

We decided to ride bikes for most of this week, because our mile count was high for our car. We were riding down a big hill and we had to cross the street so we did while still going pretty quick. I didn't turn sharp enough to hit the lip in the curb so I went down a ways farther so I could hop up on the curb even though there was not a lip. With my infinite bike skills I attempted and failed miserably. I didn't even get my front tire over it and I stopped nice and quick with no mercy towards parts of my medial anatomic parts. The bike stayed leaning against the curb and I stumbled off onto the sidewalk gracefully. I was laughing at myself and then I turned and saw a woman who I had not seen laughing with me. She was more scared though because I had basically fell right in front of her. I Said, "Hi! Just thought I would crash so I could give you this card." She laughed at me then we walked to catch up with Elder Davie and talked.

I found out that her name is Maria and she is from Cochabamba Bolivia! She said that had gone to church every now and then but not much lately. She used to be a "good Christian" but had not been involved with it much since she grew up. We exchanged info and set an appointment for the next day. We went by and she said she couldn't meet but we gave her directions to the church (this was Sat.) She called us on Sunday morning and said she was coming! She was ready! (People say they will come all the time on Saturdays but most don't).

She showed up EARLY and we sat down and gave her the run down of what usually happens at church. It was testimony meeting and after the first one or two I was a bit worried (this is one of the wards that 6 people run up at the very beginning and wait in the back). But all the rest were right on! And they talked about families, Joseph Smith, Tithing, and other things. And all were related to Christ. Afterward she said she loved it! She said she felt in her heart that it was real and that Joseph Smith was a prophet! Remember at this point we have taught her nothing, she has read nothing, it was pure feeling. she is great. We are going to see her tomorrow hopefully and teach her. She works a lot so we haven't been able to get in yet. That is the power of testimony, the power of the Spirit. I have no doubt she will be baptized. Sometimes the Lord guides you, Sometimes he lifts you, and sometimes he makes you crash into curbs and look like an idiot so you can help one of his children be brought to him. :)






1 comment:

  1. What a cool story! Good thing he was being obedient, or else he would have missed out on a really cool crash...oh, and changing someone's life eternally! - Darren

    ReplyDelete